Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

VB6 and Excel versions

I have written a small app in VB6 that manipulates Excel Workbooks. It uses the Microsoft Excel v10 Object Library (set as a reference for the project).

It was developed on a Win 2000 / Office XP computer and runs fine as it does on a Win Xp / Office XP Computer. However, it crashes (illegal opperation) on a Win 2000 / Office 2000 computer. Do I need another Object library for it? If so where do I get it and how do I add it? Would I need seperate version of the app just for Excel 2000?

I didn't get too much help searching on the web so I have turned to this forum for some insight!

Comments

• JomacJomac Member Posts: 231
    : I have written a small app in VB6 that manipulates Excel Workbooks. It uses the Microsoft Excel v10 Object Library (set as a reference for the project).
    :
    : It was developed on a Win 2000 / Office XP computer and runs fine as it does on a Win Xp / Office XP Computer. However, it crashes (illegal opperation) on a Win 2000 / Office 2000 computer. Do I need another Object library for it? If so where do I get it and how do I add it? Would I need seperate version of the app just for Excel 2000?
    :
    : I didn't get too much help searching on the web so I have turned to this forum for some insight!
    :
    :
    :

When I build apps that need to automate office - I allways install and reference the lowest version of office the app needs to run on.

So if your app needs to run no lower than 2K, install Excel 2K on your machine, and reference the Excel v9 Object Library, once compiled it will still run on v10 & higher excel without any trouble.
    ______
    [size=2][b][blue]J[/blue]omac.[/b][/size]