Online Thermal Calculators - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Online Thermal Calculators

isofilmisofilm Posts: 3Member
We have various thermal calculators that we want to offer to the public, but since some of these equations are proprietary, we are looking for someone to write perl code that is transparent to the public.

These calculators (currently offline) can be seen at our web site.

If you are interested, we can send an excel spreadsheet for each of these calculators.

Best regards,
Daniel Thomas
Chief Technology Officer

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : We have various thermal calculators that we want to offer to the public,
    : but since some of these equations are proprietary, we are looking for
    : someone to write perl code that is transparent to the public.
    :
    Transparent to the public as in they don't get to see the code? If you plan on distributing the scripts, that's probably a non-starter. It was only a week or so ago on this forum where I demonstrated a very easy way of turning Perl 5 bytecode back into readable Perl, so that option is out. See the compiling Perl thread for my thoughts on achieving code security through compilation. If you just want to run the calculators as CGI scripts and offer a web based interface, then people can't see the Perl code itself, so that could be one way to do it.

: If you are interested, we can send an excel spreadsheet for each of
    : these calculators.
    :
    I'm guessing there's an NDA if they are proprietary?

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• isofilmisofilm Posts: 3Member
    : : We have various thermal calculators that we want to offer to the public,
    : : but since some of these equations are proprietary, we are looking for
    : : someone to write perl code that is transparent to the public.
    : :
    : Transparent to the public as in they don't get to see the code? If you plan on distributing the scripts, that's probably a non-starter. It was only a week or so ago on this forum where I demonstrated a very easy way of turning Perl 5 bytecode back into readable Perl, so that option is out. See the compiling Perl thread for my thoughts on achieving code security through compilation. If you just want to run the calculators as CGI scripts and offer a web based interface, then people can't see the Perl code itself, so that could be one way to do it.
    :
    : : If you are interested, we can send an excel spreadsheet for each of
    : : these calculators.
    : :
    : I'm guessing there's an NDA if they are proprietary?
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    :
    Yes Jonathan, interested parties will need to sign a mutual non-disclosure agreement.

Daniel Thomas
  • SiddharthSoftSiddharthSoft Posts: 15Member
    : We have various thermal calculators that we want to offer to the public

Hi Daniel!
    I think I am also looking for your techniques. Please do help me. I want to develop an application for Network Management Domain.( I don't know java).
    This application with show the Bandwidth Utilization of the switch across the network.
    I guess the requirement is similar to what you guys must have done to pass your Calculator (XWindows GUI) through network. Looking for rejoinder.

I have 1 yr programming exp. in C,C++ and Perl.
    Cheers!
    Rock

• isofilmisofilm Posts: 3Member
    : : We have various thermal calculators that we want to offer to the public
    :
    :
    : Hi Daniel!
    : I think I am also looking for your techniques. Please do help me. I want to develop an application for Network Management Domain.( I don't know java).
    : This application with show the Bandwidth Utilization of the switch across the network.
    : I guess the requirement is similar to what you guys must have done to pass your Calculator (XWindows GUI) through network. Looking for rejoinder.
    :
    : I have 1 yr programming exp. in C,C++ and Perl.
    : Cheers!
    : Rock
    :
    :
    :
    Hi Rock,

We are looking for someone to solve/program our calculators

Dan
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : We are looking for someone to solve/program our calculators
    :
    This probably should have gone in the Jobs Available board then, but anyway... I don't know what your timescale is - if you're interested in having me do it (and you think I'm up to the job) then I'm available in December if that's soon enough (I'm very busy working on my degree for the next month, though). Please contact me off this board if you want to take this any further.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• SiddharthSoftSiddharthSoft Posts: 15Member
    Jon if you know some tips regading that requirement do let me know also. That is trasferring XWindows on a web browser

Cheers!
    Sid