Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

3D programming in VB.NET

AdrianB79AdrianB79 Member Posts: 8
Hi all,
I have a really quick question - can Visual Basic .NET be used for Direct X and 3D game programming? What 3D files would / could be imported into the program? .3ds?

Thanks for your help
Adrian

Comments

• CroWCroW Member Posts: 348
    : Hi all,
    : I have a really quick question - can Visual Basic .NET be used for Direct X and 3D game programming? What 3D files would / could be imported into the program? .3ds?
    :
    : Thanks for your help
    : Adrian
    :

sure,the directx-sdk ships with all needed includes and libraries to write VB and c++ program under visual studio or .NET.i think the sdk provides some functions to handle a simple 3d-format used from MS in example-code.you can load any other format aswell into DX,however you have to know the internal fileformat and lots of 3d-math to handle e.g animations in 3ds-files.
  • AdrianB79AdrianB79 Member Posts: 8
    : : Hi all,
    : : I have a really quick question - can Visual Basic .NET be used for Direct X and 3D game programming? What 3D files would / could be imported into the program? .3ds?
    : :
    : : Thanks for your help
    : : Adrian
    :
    : sure,the directx-sdk ships with all needed includes and libraries to write VB and c++ program under visual studio or .NET.i think the sdk provides some functions to handle a simple 3d-format used from MS in example-code.you can load any other format aswell into DX,however you have to know the internal fileformat and lots of 3d-math to handle e.g animations in 3ds-files.
    :

So what is the 'standard' or most common file format, and what 3D graphics editor would you recommend?
  • bmiller1222bmiller1222 Member Posts: 107
    : : : Hi all,
    : : : I have a really quick question - can Visual Basic .NET be used for Direct X and 3D game programming? What 3D files would / could be imported into the program? .3ds?
    : : :
    : : : Thanks for your help
    : : : Adrian
    : : :
    : : sure,the directx-sdk ships with all needed includes and libraries to write VB and c++ program under visual studio or .NET.i think the sdk provides some functions to handle a simple 3d-format used from MS in example-code.you can load any other format aswell into DX,however you have to know the internal fileformat and lots of 3d-math to handle e.g animations in 3ds-files.
    :
    : So what is the 'standard' or most common file format, and what 3D graphics editor would you recommend?
    :
    3ds max can export .x (directx) files. just get the dx9 sdk and it will automatically be installed if you already have 3ds max, otherwise there is a config file you will need to add a path to the dx sdk.