Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help: Cannot enable 3D acceleration/unsupported video card

earlthegreatearlthegreat Member Posts: 1
I put this computer together December 2003 and I've never had this problem. Divxs, mpgs and wavs as well as older programs like Starcraft are running quite well, have a slight and probably related problem with Starcraft, whenever I alt-tab out itll skew all the colors when I come back in. Regardless of this, whenever I try to start a game(yeah I'm a gamer) that uses the new version of directx I have on my computer, I get an error message that says that my video card is unsupported or that one isn't present. I obviously have a video card present, my moniter is plugged into my computer through it, and I've exhausted all the troubleshooting methods I can find in windows. I downloaded and reinstalled Directx and it didnt help. Any suggestions?

Comments

• CroWCroW Member Posts: 348
    : I put this computer together December 2003 and I've never had this problem. Divxs, mpgs and wavs as well as older programs like Starcraft are running quite well, have a slight and probably related problem with Starcraft, whenever I alt-tab out itll skew all the colors when I come back in. Regardless of this, whenever I try to start a game(yeah I'm a gamer) that uses the new version of directx I have on my computer, I get an error message that says that my video card is unsupported or that one isn't present. I obviously have a video card present, my moniter is plugged into my computer through it, and I've exhausted all the troubleshooting methods I can find in windows. I downloaded and reinstalled Directx and it didnt help. Any suggestions?
    :

hmm,sounds like an unclean-code problem.under directx all rendering goes to so call surfaces,which must be recovered after the main-window is minimized or another dx-program gets the focus or even gets in fullscreen-mode.have you tried to find some bugfixes for the game?maybe installing the latest driver for your graphicscard may help.

always reinstall directx after updating any audio/video driver.