Keyboard Intercepting - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Keyboard Intercepting

abavarabavar Posts: 3Member
Hi,

I've written a VB program that intercepts keyboard strokes and copies them to a hidden file. What I haven't been able to do is to ERASE or DELETE unwanted keystrokes. For example, a user is using MSWORD and types the "j" key. I log this to my file but would like to change the "j" to a "k" or even get rid of it all together. In other words, I don't want it to show up in Word or any other program the user is currently using.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• markblue777markblue777 Posts: 184Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I've written a VB program that intercepts keyboard strokes and copies them to a hidden file. What I haven't been able to do is to ERASE or DELETE unwanted keystrokes. For example, a user is using MSWORD and types the "j" key. I log this to my file but would like to change the "j" to a "k" or even get rid of it all together. In other words, I don't want it to show up in Word or any other program the user is currently using.
    :
    : Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    hi so wot prog r u trying to make is it a key logger or what
    if i no i can help you more
    from
    mark