Problem - App missing in the TaskManager (Application List) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem - App missing in the TaskManager (Application List)

lee_slee_s Posts: 116Member
Hi
When my application run it not in the application list at the windoes task manager.
Can any one help?

I use SubMain as my startup class.
(VB.Net 2003, WindowsApplication Project)

Many Thanks

Comments

• lee_slee_s Posts: 116Member
    : Hi
    : When my application run it not in the application list at the windoes task manager.
    : Can any one help?
    :
    : I use SubMain as my startup class.
    : (VB.Net 2003, WindowsApplication Project)
    :
    : Many Thanks
    :

No one can help ???
  • rlcrlc Posts: 448Member
    Check to see if the 'ShowInTaskbar' property of your main form is set to True. You can do this in the design mode by checking the field under the window style section in the properties tab. Or you can set it in the constructor or initializers of your form like this...
    [code]Me.ShowInTaskBar = True[/code]

~rlc
    : Check to see if the 'ShowInTaskbar' property of your main form is set to True. You can do this in the design mode by checking the field under the window style section in the properties tab. Or you can set it in the constructor or initializers of your form like this...
    : [code]Me.ShowInTaskBar = True[/code]
    :
    :
    : ~rlc
    :
    I know that and i checked, the loggin & main forms are set to true (All the other forms are set to false).
    What i do in my app is this:
    1. SubMain runs first.
    2. Display Loggin screen (ShowInTaskBar = True).
    3. Close the Loggin Screen and dispaly the Main screen (ShowInTaskBar = True).
    4. All the other forms that i will display will be in ShowInTaskBar = False.

Is there any thing wrong with this actions?
    I just cant solve this problem.
  • rlcrlc Posts: 448Member
    Hmm, odd haven't heard of that.

MSDN says "If a form is parented within another form, the parented form is not displayed in the Windows taskbar." So your sub forms should not necessarly have to be set to false, maybe that is reflecting back to your main forms properties? Although it shouldn't unless you specifically call the main form.

I would try leaving them all to true and see what happens, which if any windows show(as long as you're loading the sub forms in the main form they will not be displayed in the taskbar regardless of the property), have you tried that? Also I would set a break point after the initial load and check the showintaskbar property on the main form and see what its value is in debug.

Sorry thats all I have, good luck.

~rlc

: Hmm, odd haven't heard of that.
    :
    : MSDN says "If a form is parented within another form, the parented form is not displayed in the Windows taskbar." So your sub forms should not necessarly have to be set to false, maybe that is reflecting back to your main forms properties? Although it shouldn't unless you specifically call the main form.
    :
    : I would try leaving them all to true and see what happens, which if any windows show(as long as you're loading the sub forms in the main form they will not be displayed in the taskbar regardless of the property), have you tried that? Also I would set a break point after the initial load and check the showintaskbar property on the main form and see what its value is in debug.
    :
    : Sorry thats all I have, good luck.
    :
    : ~rlc
    :
    :
    :
    Thank ~rlc i will try that and let you know.