Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

A way to.. get insight

[b][red]This message was edited by Edlin at 2004-10-12 6:2:28[/red][/b][hr]
I am trying to make a map that gives insight to the inter-action between differnt devices(cpu,bus,ram hard-drive..enz) and there functions(instructions,features).

Such a map could work for many different machines/configurations.

This way you can collect al the instructions/features that your system supports and use them most effecient.

Maby (most likly) there is jet such a map/list that gives the needed insight, but havent found it jet.

I know you can download a instruction-set that belongs to your cpu, but how to move on and get the fuctions of the ohter hardware and understand there interaction with the cpu (functions)??

example:

i want to program with asm or opcodes a function that prints a
"h" on the screen.How do i get the supported opcodes i need??

I hope some can help me getting insight in how to programm differnt machines without using other peoples software.

Comments

• shaolin007shaolin007 Member Posts: 1,018
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Edlin at 2004-10-12 6:2:28[/red][/b][hr]
    : I am trying to make a map that gives insight to the inter-action between differnt devices(cpu,bus,ram hard-drive..enz) and there functions(instructions,features).
    :
    : Such a map could work for many different machines/configurations.
    :
    : This way you can collect al the instructions/features that your system supports and use them most effecient.
    :
    : Maby (most likly) there is jet such a map/list that gives the needed insight, but havent found it jet.
    :
    : I know you can download a instruction-set that belongs to your cpu, but how to move on and get the fuctions of the ohter hardware and understand there interaction with the cpu (functions)??
    :
    :
    : example:
    :
    : i want to program with asm or opcodes a function that prints a
    : "h" on the screen.How do i get the supported opcodes i need??
    :
    :
    :
    : I hope some can help me getting insight in how to programm differnt machines without using other peoples software.

[code]
    mov ax, 0b800h ;pointer to videomemory
    mov es, ax
    xor di,di ;start at location 0,0
    mov ah, 15 ;bright white text
    mov al, 'h'
    stosw ;STOre String by Word or place contents ax into
    ;es:di
    [/code]
    [green]
    That will print an 'h' directly to the screen. Now there are other easier ways to that, but you will need to read up on it. A good start is to read a good book on assembly like 'Art of Assembly Language' by randall hyde or 'Assembly Language Step by Step'. Also some hardware info is a must so go here http://www.clipx.net/norton.php . Excellent site, good luck!
    [/green]

[/green]