How to assign application icon wih more than 256 colors ? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to assign application icon wih more than 256 colors ?

Delphi compiler allows assign icon to forms or application,
but icons with 256 colors or lower.
Could you help me create application with 16-bit color icon ?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Delphi compiler allows assign icon to forms or application,
    : but icons with 256 colors or lower.
    : Could you help me create application with 16-bit color icon ?
    :
    Icons can only have 256 colors. That is the way they are coded from the early days of windows. Other than changing windows itself you cannot create a 16-bit color icon.
  • netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    : : Delphi compiler allows assign icon to forms or application,
    : : but icons with 256 colors or lower.
    : : Could you help me create application with 16-bit color icon ?
    : :
    : Icons can only have 256 colors. That is the way they are coded from the early days of windows. Other than changing windows itself you cannot create a 16-bit color icon.
    :
    ive made a 32-bit alpha-transparency icon for my program. i cant remember if selecting it with delphi's project option worked or not (i think it reseted it to 16-bit)... another possibility is to edit the applications resource after compilation and replace MAINICON with the new icon... that will surely work
    but replacing the icon in .rc or .res might cause the linker to fail to link it into the executable, because linker expects 16-bit resource that doesnt allow >256 icons, bitmaps etc
    i think delphi 7 allows 32bit icons (even 96x96) but you have to put it into a .res file (.rc compiler is still 16-bit :-()
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]