Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Using the SPI for data transfer from an Embedded system board to an SD

hi,

I hav looked all over the net for some info on writing data to an SD card using the SPI(Serial Peripheral Interface) from the main memory on my embedded DSP, without much luck. I am hoping that some of u may b able to help me out.
I am using the ADSP 21065L board. I am yet to figure out what SD card to use. I was just looking for some resources on writing code to work with the SPI format.

Thanks in advance,
Abhi Menon

Comments

• LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    : hi,
    :
    : I hav looked all over the net for some info on writing data to an SD card using the SPI(Serial Peripheral Interface) from the main memory on my embedded DSP, without much luck. I am hoping that some of u may b able to help me out.
    : I am using the ADSP 21065L board. I am yet to figure out what SD card to use. I was just looking for some resources on writing code to work with the SPI format.
    :
    : Thanks in advance,
    : Abhi Menon
    :
    :

You don't mention if the DSP has hardware support for SPI, or if you must simulate it through software.

Here is an example for a microcontroller (Motorola 68HC12), that has SPI hardware:

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~rison/ee308_spr02/supp/020320.pdf

• abhimenonabhimenon Posts: 3Member
    hi,

Thanks for the response. The board dosent support SPI but it can be simulated according to the accompanying data sheets.

Thanks,
    Abhilash
  • LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    : hi,
    :
    : Thanks for the response. The board dosent support SPI but it can be simulated according to the accompanying data sheets.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Abhilash
    :

If it can handle synchronous serial communication, then you only need MOSI & clock attached to it(assuming your CPU is master). SS can be used as chip select, and MISO will probably not be used.