Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

File transfer using socket

tijoentijoen Posts: 141Member
I would like to make a server that will list all files in its dir to transfer by socket to a client that connects on it
but I need to build it for kilyx
I don't need forms, because i'll execute it by the Putty program
using ./server &
I don't know how to do this, I don't know kylix, and a just a little bit of Linux
If you know any tips or links or something that could help me, I aprreciate

Thanks in advance
Jonathan

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I would like to make a server that will list all files in its dir to transfer by socket to a client that connects on it
    : but I need to build it for kilyx
    : I don't need forms, because i'll execute it by the Putty program
    : using ./server &
    : I don't know how to do this, I don't know kylix, and a just a little bit of Linux
    : If you know any tips or links or something that could help me, I aprreciate
    :
    : Thanks in advance
    : Jonathan
    :
    I have no experience with Kylix, but this I know from what I've read about it. Kylix is designed so that you can port almost any Delphi code directly into Kylix and compile it under Linux. Only the low-level coding and some unit names needs adjusting, but not the component names or code, which depends on those components.
    If this is true, then you should be able to make your server using Delphi in a DataModule, then take that code and compile it using Kylix. And you should have your Linux server.
  • tijoentijoen Posts: 141Member
    Thanks a lot

: : I would like to make a server that will list all files in its dir to transfer by socket to a client that connects on it
    : : but I need to build it for kilyx
    : : I don't need forms, because i'll execute it by the Putty program
    : : using ./server &
    : : I don't know how to do this, I don't know kylix, and a just a little bit of Linux
    : : If you know any tips or links or something that could help me, I aprreciate
    : :
    : : Thanks in advance
    : : Jonathan
    : :
    : I have no experience with Kylix, but this I know from what I've read about it. Kylix is designed so that you can port almost any Delphi code directly into Kylix and compile it under Linux. Only the low-level coding and some unit names needs adjusting, but not the component names or code, which depends on those components.
    : If this is true, then you should be able to make your server using Delphi in a DataModule, then take that code and compile it using Kylix. And you should have your Linux server.
    :