Const declarations - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Const declarations

oh_ayeoh_aye Posts: 1Member
howdo all. I have just started college and I am doing a computing course. I am using Borland Turbo Pascal V7, and I have got some homework, and one of the questions says which of the following are valid const declarations?

max := 25;
yes = 'y';
first : 'a';
BEGIN = 1;
correct = 5 OR 6;
PI = 8.12;
last = 'z';
tax_rate = 0.2

Does anybody have any clue which are valid, Im not really sure what a const declaration is, Im a total newbie. I would appreciate ne help. Cheers :)

Comments

• MasterijnMasterijn Posts: 188Member
    : howdo all. I have just started college and I am doing a computing course. I am using Borland Turbo Pascal V7, and I have got some homework, and one of the questions says which of the following are valid const declarations?
    :
    : max := 25;
    : yes = 'y';
    : first : 'a';
    : BEGIN = 1;
    : correct = 5 OR 6;
    : PI = 8.12;
    : last = 'z';
    : tax_rate = 0.2
    :
    : Does anybody have any clue which are valid, Im not really sure what a const declaration is, Im a total newbie. I would appreciate ne help. Cheers :)
    :
    A unit (*.pas) can have different sections like: "type", "var", and "const". Constants are declared in a const section. So you should try which of the above are valid declarations. The compiler will clearify why a certain declaration is wrong.