Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Blinkie Help

Hey guys, i need help figuring out this problem in this code, its a code that is supposed to have blinking words of some sort, i am new at this and trying to figure it out! here it is

Blinky Web site

Time to blink it up
.blinker
{Padding-right: 10px; padding-left: 10px; border-left-color:#CC6600; padding-bottom: 10px
; width: 150px; cursor: pointer; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color:#CC0000; padding top: 10px; border-bottom: #6666FF 5px solid; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; height: 40px; background-color: blue; text-align: center; border-right-color:#003300}

Thanks for all your guys's help.

Comments

• sethsshsethssh Posts: 2Member

Blinky Web site

var isDOM=(document.getElementById)?true:false;
    var isMSIE=(document.all && document.all.item)?true:false;
    var isNC4=(document.layers)?true:false;
    var i=0;
    var blink_speed=150;

styleSwitch=".style";
    layerPostfix=""]";

if(isNC4)
    {
    alert("You are using outdated version of Netscape Navigator that does not support the latest technological features. We are sorry, but our web site cannot be displayed corectly in this browser. We recommend using Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher, Netscape Navigator 6.0 or higher, Mozzila 1.0 or higher.");
    layerRef="document.layers["";
    styleSwitch="";
    }

if(isMSIE)
    {
    layerRef="document.all["";
    }

if(isDOM)
    {
    layerRef="document.getElementById("";
    layerPostfix="")";
    }
    function Blink(divname) {
    if (i%2==0) {
    eval(layerRef+divname+layerPostfix+styleSwitch+".visibility=(isNC4?'show':'visible')");
    }
    else {
    eval(layerRef+divname+layerPostfix+styleSwitch+".visibility=(isNC4?'hide':'hidden')");
    }
    if(i

Time to Blink

Blink('bl_1');

• WeirdofreakWeirdofreak Posts: 439Member
    If you want blinking text, use the [lt]blink[gt] tag (I think that's what it is, anyway). This has the added advantage of allowing users to turn it off if for some odd reason they find blinking text really, really annoying.
  • MasterJMasterJ Posts: 2Member
    Hey guys, thanks so much for helping me out! See ya guys later.