Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Embedded/ RT Linux

Hi all,
Can anyone help me out in finding out the difference between Embedded Linux & RTLinux. I have enquired to many which ended up with lots of confusions. Moreover I would like to know where can i download the RTLinux evaluation software?

One more Important thing - Can anyhow help me in getting a sourcecode (by giving the URL - where i can download the same) so that i can run in the vxworks platform what i have rightnow.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Madhan M

Comments

• johnsonmejohnsonme Posts: 57Member
    You can write codes for embedded platform without real time linux.
    You can get the RTLINUX from fsmlabs.com. The url is given below.
    http://www.fsmlabs.com/products/openrtlinux/

Try the following link for the VxWorks codes...
    http://www.rt.db.erau.edu/experiments/vx/toc/TableOfContents.html

• Gopal SukumarGopal Sukumar Posts: 4Member
    Hi Madan,

There are very subtle differences between Embedded Linux and RT Linux.

Embedded Linux is a variant of the Linux Operating system. The Kernel includes only selected modules, Patches and the configuration is more Application Specific.

RTLinux on the other hand is also Application Specific in all the above respects, but the difference lies in the feature that the Real time Kernel puts the full-feautured Linux Kernel as a Low Priority Thread. Note here that the GP-Linux kernel here might be FULL-FEATURED (but not strictly) and for Embedded Linux, the main Linux Kernel is selective and Specific.

Moreover, RTLinux may be called as a subset of a large no. of Embedded Linux variants.

You could refer to any standard URL on Embedded Linux for information and Confirmation.

Thanks,

Gopal Sukumar.

: Hi all,
    : Can anyone help me out in finding out the difference between Embedded Linux & RTLinux. I have enquired to many which ended up with lots of confusions. Moreover I would like to know where can i download the RTLinux evaluation software?
    :
    : One more Important thing - Can anyhow help me in getting a sourcecode (by giving the URL - where i can download the same) so that i can run in the vxworks platform what i have rightnow.
    :
    : Thanks in advance.
    :
    : Regards
    : Madhan M
    :