Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Image control in Excel, updating through code

cjdcjd Posts: 43Member
I am creating a program in excel. The user needs to pick a picture from a normal combo-box which will then appear as an image on the worksheet.

the code I use for the macro is:

Sub update_data()
Sheet1.Cells(2, 2) = Sheet1.ComboBox1.Value
Sheet1.Image1.Picture = VBAProject.ThisWorkbook.Path + "pics"+ Sheet1.Cells(2, 2) + ".jpg"
End Sub

Comments

• PavlinIIPavlinII Posts: 404Member
    : I am creating a program in excel. The user needs to pick a picture from a normal combo-box which will then appear as an image on the worksheet.
    :
    : the code I use for the macro is:
    :
    [code] Sub update_data()
    Sheet1.Cells(2, 2) = Sheet1.ComboBox1.Value
    Sheet1.Image1.Picture = [blue]LoadPicture([/blue]VBAProject.ThisWorkbook.Path & "pics" & Sheet1.ComboBox1.Value & ".jpg"[blue])[/blue]
    End Sub[/code]This should be enough..

(note: Do not use + for concating strings... it may cause unexpected things when u use magic data type conversions.. (all classic vb converstions))

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]

• cjdcjd Posts: 43Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by cjd at 2004-10-5 7:49:38[/red][/b][hr]
    Thanx,
    That worked