Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Parsing all e-mail addresses from a document

HackmanCHackmanC Posts: 441Member
I had a program that loads a document. I want to get all email addresses from the document.

I need the regular expression to acomplish this task.
[red]Good luck![/red]
[blue]Hackman[/blue]

Comments

• XfactorXfactor Posts: 343Member
    : I had a program that loads a document. I want to get all email addresses from the document.
    :
    : I need the regular expression to acomplish this task.
    : [red]Good luck![/red]
    : [blue]Hackman[/blue]
    :

I'm not sure if there's any chance of invalid addresses but here's something to get you started. And I'm sure the more advanced regex guys will post their revisions:
    [code]
    if ($email_address =~ /(@.*@)|(..)|(@.)|(.@)|(^.)/) {
    print "Email is invalid
    ";
    }
    elsif ($email_address =~ /^.+[_*]@([?)[a-zA-Z0-9-.]+.([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,4})(]?)$/) {
    print "Email is valid
    ";
    }
    [/code]
  • HackmanCHackmanC Posts: 441Member
    Thanks

--------------
    : : I had a program that loads a document. I want to get all email addresses from the document.
    : :
    : : I need the regular expression to acomplish this task.
    : : [red]Good luck![/red]
    : : [blue]Hackman[/blue]
    : :
    :
    : I'm not sure if there's any chance of invalid addresses but here's something to get you started. And I'm sure the more advanced regex guys will post their revisions:
    : [code]
    : if ($email_address =~ /(@.*@)|(..)|(@.)|(.@)|(^.)/) {
    : print "Email is invalid
    ";
    : }
    : elsif ($email_address =~ /^.+[_*]@([?)[a-zA-Z0-9-.]+.([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,4})(]?)$/) {
    : print "Email is valid
    ";
    : }
    : [/code]
    :

[red]Good luck![/red]
    [blue]Hackman[/blue]

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : And I'm sure the more advanced regex guys will post their revisions:
    Or maybe just a good way to extract all of the addresses and put them in an array with one line of code...

push @addrs, $1 while $text =~ /([w-.]+@[w-.]+.w+)/g;

Where @addrs is an array to put the addresses in and $text is the text in the document.

XFactor's solutiion probably does fine, but figured I'd show off...uh...I mean, post how I'd do it. :-)

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• HackmanCHackmanC Posts: 441Member
    Nice one, I will use this too... thanks.

: : And I'm sure the more advanced regex guys will post their revisions:
    : Or maybe just a good way to extract all of the addresses and put them in an array with one line of code...
    :
    : push @addrs, $1 while $text =~ /([w-.]+@[w-.]+.w+)/g;
    :
    : Where @addrs is an array to put the addresses in and $text is the text in the document.
    :
    : XFactor's solutiion probably does fine, but figured I'd show off...uh...I mean, post how I'd do it. :-)
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    :

[red]Good luck![/red]
    [blue]Hackman[/blue]

• XfactorXfactor Posts: 343Member
    There are perl modules that also might be able to help you out. You can check out the module called MAIL::VRFY and it's located here.
    http://search.cpan.org/~jkister/Mail-VRFY-0.51/VRFY.pm

Of course there are others but this can give you an idea if this is something you can use.

X