Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can I get a source code for a 2pass assembler for 8086 anywhere?

I am looking for a source code for a 2 pass assembler for 8086 written preferably in C on linux platform.Please forward any info on this to me

Comments

• CroWCroW Posts: 348Member
    : I am looking for a source code for a 2 pass assembler for 8086 written preferably in C on linux platform.Please forward any info on this to me
    :

basic idea behind an assembler is a simple text to hex-code conversation with a larger opcode-table.try a google-search,there should be some freeware-assembler with opensource-licence.

the two passes are needed for adress-calculation on forward-jumps.

• opiumdreameropiumdreamer Posts: 19Member
    : : I am looking for a source code for a 2 pass assembler for 8086 written preferably in C on linux platform.Please forward any info on this to me
    : :
    :
    : basic idea behind an assembler is a simple text to hex-code conversation with a larger opcode-table.try a google-search,there should be some freeware-assembler with opensource-licence.
    :
    : the two passes are needed for adress-calculation on forward-jumps.
    :
    :

Maybe you should check out the Netwide Assembler [NASM] at sourceforge since it is Open Source. It sure is a bit complex but you'll probably find what you're looking for. The source is located here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6208&package_id=44298
  • v_gun26v_gun26 Posts: 2Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by v_gun26 at 2005-1-2 2:32:58[/red][/b][hr]
    hey,i have a source code u can contact me at v_gun26@indiatimes.com
    i have done this as a project in college recently
  • v_gun26v_gun26 Posts: 2Member
    : hey i have a source code , i have done this as my college project and it was approved. contact me on v_gun26@indiatimes.com