ORA-02049: timeout: distributed transaction waiting for lock - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

ORA-02049: timeout: distributed transaction waiting for lock

ssvasanssvasan Posts: 101Member
Hi,

I get this error from my Pro*C Program, please give any reason why the program producing this error.

Thanks

- sri.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I get this error from my Pro*C Program, please give any reason why the program producing this error.

It sounds like some operation is trying to obtain a lock on a resource that isn't being unlocked, or it's unable to get a lock on all of the distributed pieces it needs to complete the transaction. Are you using Replication?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• ssvasanssvasan Posts: 101Member
    Hi,

This program is not mine, I don't know whether they have used this replication concept or not. But, I just want to know possibilities of receving this error.

thanks
    - sri.

: : Hi,
    : :
    : : I get this error from my Pro*C Program, please give any reason why the program producing this error.
    :
    : It sounds like some operation is trying to obtain a lock on a resource that isn't being unlocked, or it's unable to get a lock on all of the distributed pieces it needs to complete the transaction. Are you using Replication?
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :