arabic numbers to roman numerals

Hi,

I was writing to see if anyone knows how to write a program that translate arabic numbers to roman numerals. Am having trouble starting the program.

Thnxz

Comments

• Find out how to convert arabic numbers into decimal (base 10) numbers so you get a number made up of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 which is equal in value to the arabic number.

Next find out how to convert decimal/base 10 to roman numerals and write the code to do that.

I don't know anything about arabic numbers or roman numerals so i can't really help you further than that.

www.google.com is your friend, go and do some research :)
  • : Hi,
    :
    : I was writing to see if anyone knows how to write a program that translate arabic numbers to roman numerals. Am having trouble starting the program.
    :
    : Thnxz
    :
    [blue]
    You could start in this manner - divide down the original (Arabic) number by the various Roman amounts:

integer of aNumber/1000 gives you the number of M's
    integer of the remainder from above / 500 gives you D's
    integer of the remainder from above / 100 gives you C's
    integer of the remainder from above / 50 gives you L's
    integer of the remainder from above / 10 gives you X's
    integer of the remainder from above / 5 gives you V's
    integer of the remainder from above gives you I's

Next compare all the counts above to see if you need to convert any to "proper" values such as four I's, which would equal 4 Arabic, is only used for clock faces, so for a written Roman numeral it would be changed to IV. After you have all the conversions in place, string the Roman characters together and display them. To be thorough you should make sure you have a handle on all the "Roman Numeral Rules" such as whether 90 Arabic would be LXXXX or XC.

Take Care,
    Ed[/blue]

• : Find out how to convert arabic numbers into decimal (base 10) numbers so you get a number made up of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 which is equal in value to the arabic number.
    :
    : Next find out how to convert decimal/base 10 to roman numerals and write the code to do that.
    :
    : I don't know anything about arabic numbers or roman numerals so i can't really help you further than that.
    :
    : www.google.com is your friend, go and do some research :)
    :

ARABIC NUMERALS ARE BASE 10 http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=arabic numerals
  • EdzonsEdzons Latvia

Hi!
    Whoes knows how to convert arabic numbers to roman numeral on borland Delphi 7???
    Thanks.