Creating a command line CD player for Bash - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Creating a command line CD player for Bash

ITAITA Posts: 463Member
[b][red]This message was edited by ITA at 2004-9-25 6:18:48[/red][/b][hr]
I'm currently running Linux in command line at the moment (no desktop or KDE etc). What I want to do is to create a program which will allow me to play CD's from the command line in the Bash shell. I know it is possible but I am just unsure as to how to go about the task. I thought of using fopen() to open files on the CD but I haven't really got a clue.

What I'd like to say is does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get this project off the ground and started? Are there any sound libraries and things that I could use? Please help. Many thanks.

ITA

PS This has been cross-posted to the Advanced C/C++ board.

Comments

• DB1DB1 Posts: 1,142Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by ITA at 2004-9-25 6:18:48[/red][/b][hr]
    : I'm currently running Linux in command line at the moment (no desktop or KDE etc). What I want to do is to create a program which will allow me to play CD's from the command line in the Bash shell. I know it is possible but I am just unsure as to how to go about the task. I thought of using fopen() to open files on the CD but I haven't really got a clue.
    :
    : What I'd like to say is does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get this project off the ground and started? Are there any sound libraries and things that I could use? Please help. Many thanks.
    :
    : ITA
    :
    : PS This has been cross-posted to the Advanced C/C++ board.

Easy. http://www.libsdl.org/index.php
    :
    :
    :

[italic][blue]To understand recursive, first you need to understand recursive[/blue][/italic]