Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how to create a new database using a query?

frizvifrizvi Posts: 14Member
Hello all,
How can I create a NEW DATABASE using a query in SQL (ORACLE)? Is there any query like CREATE DATABASE BLAH BLAH that can create a new DATABASE?

I will be thankful for your cooperation.

Faraz H.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Hello all,
    : How can I create a NEW DATABASE using a query in SQL (ORACLE)? Is there any query like CREATE DATABASE BLAH BLAH that can create a new DATABASE?

Technically "CREATE DATABASE" is not an SQL statement, but yes, there is such a command in Oracle. You should search Google for: oracle "create database"

It's not as simple as just saying "abracadabra" and a database appears. You have to specify things like tablespaces and control files and all that stuff, and you have to be user with the proper privileges as well.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]