Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Sound Recording & Playback realtime

hi!I need a software to record a sound & show it as a wave on the screen.Next I want to play another sound and create a wave realtime superimposing the previous wave. if both sounds, the recorded & the real time are same then both waves should overlap. Something like Voice Recognition. Can you help me.?
Ranjan Samuel

Comments

• cbodapaticbodapati Posts: 65Member
    : hi!I need a software to record a sound & show it as a wave on the screen.Next I want to play another sound and create a wave realtime superimposing the previous wave. if both sounds, the recorded & the real time are same then both waves should overlap. Something like Voice Recognition. Can you help me.?
    : Ranjan Samuel
    :

hi samuel,
    I have done a similar project dealing with real time audio recording and playback, what sort of assistance u need.
    srikanth

Regards
    srikanth

• A. L.A. L. Posts: 7Member
    : : hi!I need a software to record a sound & show it as a wave on the screen.Next I want to play another sound and create a wave realtime superimposing the previous wave. if both sounds, the recorded & the real time are same then both waves should overlap. Something like Voice Recognition. Can you help me.?
    : : Ranjan Samuel
    : :
    :
    : hi samuel,
    : I have done a similar project dealing with real time audio recording and playback, what sort of assistance u need.
    : srikanth
    :
    : Regards

If I'm not intruding, I'm very interested in the same matter, too. I want to show the waveform on the screen after it has been recorded. So far, I managed to initialize the device, the capture, the play and the capture buffers but when playing the record buffer all I get is a short, low-pitched sound. The record buffer is filled with data read in a memory stream form the capture buffer.

Could you help me, Srikanth? Thanks in advance.

: : : hi!I need a software to record a sound & show it as a wave on the screen.Next I want to play another sound and create a wave realtime superimposing the previous wave. if both sounds, the recorded & the real time are same then both waves should overlap. Something like Voice Recognition. Can you help me.?
    : : : Ranjan Samuel
    : : :
    : : hi samuel,
    : : I have done a similar project dealing with real time audio recording and playback, what sort of assistance u need.
    : : srikanth
    : : Regards
    :
    :
    : If I'm not intruding, I'm very interested in the same matter, too. I want to show the waveform on the screen after it has been recorded. So far, I managed to initialize the device, the capture, the play and the capture buffers but when playing the record buffer all I get is a short, low-pitched sound. The record buffer is filled with data read in a memory stream form the capture buffer.
    :
    : Could you help me, Srikanth? Thanks in advance.
    :
    :
    hi samuel,
    what is the purpose, what is the development tool u r using, what is the platform, and do u know some signal processing?

Regards
    Srikanth

Regards
    srikanth

: hi samuel,
    : what is the purpose, what is the development tool u r using, what is the platform, and do u know some signal processing?
    :
    : Srikanth

I'm not sure if you posted this reply for samuel or for me (A.L.) but i'll dare to be a bit cheeky and answer to you.
    I want to develop an oscilloscope-type application for educational purposes (I am a student at a Biology Faculty and a former Computers Faculty student) together with one of my teachers. I assure you it's not a homework I'm trying to get rid of. It's just a passion of making useful things and now I'm stock with this problem.
    As for the other questions: I'm using VisualStudio.Net 2003 on a WinXP OS. Signal processing...not much but anyway, the application is not intended for commercial use and it's not needed to be very fancy.

Thanks, A.L.
    : : hi samuel,
    : : what is the purpose, what is the development tool u r using, what is the platform, and do u know some signal processing?
    : : Srikanth
    :
    : I'm not sure if you posted this reply for samuel or for me (A.L.) but i'll dare to be a bit cheeky and answer to you.
    : I want to develop an oscilloscope-type application for educational purposes (I am a student at a Biology Faculty and a former Computers Faculty student) together with one of my teachers. I assure you it's not a homework I'm trying to get rid of. It's just a passion of making useful things and now I'm stock with this problem.
    : As for the other questions: I'm using VisualStudio.Net 2003 on a WinXP OS. Signal processing...not much but anyway, the application is not intended for commercial use and it's not needed to be very fancy.
    :
    : Thanks, A.L.
    :

hi A.L,
    if you r interested in developing for your self, all the best, or I can develop one for u, if you give some specifications.

Regards
    srikanth

: : : hi samuel,
    : : : what is the purpose, what is the development tool u r using, what is the platform, and do u know some signal processing?
    : : : Regards
    : : : Srikanth
    : : I'm not sure if you posted this reply for samuel or for me (A.L.) but i'll dare to be a bit cheeky and answer to you.
    : : I want to develop an oscilloscope-type application for educational purposes (I am a student at a Biology Faculty and a former Computers Faculty student) together with one of my teachers. I assure you it's not a homework I'm trying to get rid of. It's just a passion of making useful things and now I'm stock with this problem.
    : : As for the other questions: I'm using VisualStudio.Net 2003 on a WinXP OS. Signal processing...not much but anyway, the application is not intended for commercial use and it's not needed to be very fancy.
    : : Thanks, A.L.
    :
    : hi A.L,
    : if you r interested in developing for your self, all the best, or I can develop one for u, if you give some specifications.
    :
    :
    :

Well, srikanth, I don't want my job to be done by someone else. I think that the one who really wants to know something, has to go through some difficulties while trying to reach his/her goal. I think this is the only way to become a real professional.
    Yet, I was just looking for some hints in order to get started. I thought this is the forums' meaning.
    Anyway, thanks for the reply.

: : : : hi samuel,
    : : : : what is the purpose, what is the development tool u r using, what is the platform, and do u know some signal processing?
    : : : :
    : : : : Regards
    : : : : Srikanth
    : : : I'm not sure if you posted this reply for samuel or for me (A.L.) but i'll dare to be a bit cheeky and answer to you.
    : : : I want to develop an oscilloscope-type application for educational purposes (I am a student at a Biology Faculty and a former Computers Faculty student) together with one of my teachers. I assure you it's not a homework I'm trying to get rid of. It's just a passion of making useful things and now I'm stock with this problem.
    : : : As for the other questions: I'm using VisualStudio.Net 2003 on a WinXP OS. Signal processing...not much but anyway, the application is not intended for commercial use and it's not needed to be very fancy.
    : : : Thanks, A.L.
    : : hi A.L,
    : : if you r interested in developing for your self, all the best, or I can develop one for u, if you give some specifications.
    :
    : Well, srikanth, I don't want my job to be done by someone else. I think that the one who really wants to know something, has to go through some difficulties while trying to reach his/her goal. I think this is the only way to become a real professional.
    : Yet, I was just looking for some hints in order to get started. I thought this is the forums' meaning.
    : Anyway, thanks for the reply.
    :
    :
    hi AL
    thats really great, I can help u, as a first step u should know the wave format and then proceed with real time operations.
    good luck
    srikanth

Regards
    srikanth

Actually, that's what I wanted to know from the very beggining. Where can I find documentation on the wave format and real-time ops?

Regards, A.L.
  • amardeepamardeep Posts: 1Member
    hello frnds....i am amardeep frm Punjab(india)......i also like to play with sounds.....but sound programming.....m new bie to programming....i hv tried audio editing and djing and such stuff at my pc...! srikanth....u seem to be good expert in sounds!!!!and ranjan...m also like u...wana start it....and abt wav format...i got one web page.....i dont hv the link now...i will give u soon...there info was given abt wav file....like its header how data z stored and all....but the prob was that finally data was in buffer(according to that prog).....i was not clear how to play that data in C (turbo c or VC)...that was where i stopped...i came to this board...and found it very usefull.....lez hope to be good sound programmers....

Regards
    Amardeep Sidhu

: Actually, that's what I wanted to know from the very beggining. Where can I find documentation on the wave format and real-time ops?
    :
    : Regards, A.L.
    :

• npallavinpallavi Posts: 1Member
    hi,im sorry i do not have a solution to ur answer.
    but i have a similar problem. i am in urgent need of a software to display a spectrum analyser for wave files.
    i was wondering if u could tell me if there are any sites that offer help
    thanks