Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

ASP migration to JSP

I have a web development project where I need to migrate some VERY SIMPLE ASP code to run on a JSP site. A couple hours of looking at documentation is simply not gettingme anywhere fast, and the project has a narrow deadline.

Here is my ASP code. I start by defining some string variables. Then I wrap some text in a header/footer pair so that the content (Stuff in here) is wrapped with a decorative box. The "boxtitle" and "boxwidth" are used to set the title and width of the box (along with a bit of IF logic to see if the title was specified or not).

<%
boxtitle = "A message from blah blah blah"
boxwidth = 360
boxmore = ""
boxmoreshim = "0"
%>

Stuff in here

Inside cev_box1_header.asp, I have this:
" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0" border="0">
  <%= boxtitle %><% if len(trim(boxmore)) > 0 then %>image" height="1">  <%= boxmore %>   <% end if %>

Could someone puhlease post the comparable code for JSP, along with a link or 2 that might show me some code examples for my learning purposes? I'll be SOOO appreciative.

Thanks,
Greg

Comments

• tprashanttprashant Member Posts: 5
    : I have a web development project where I need to migrate some VERY SIMPLE ASP code to run on a JSP site. A couple hours of looking at documentation is simply not gettingme anywhere fast, and the project has a narrow deadline.
    :
    : Here is my ASP code. I start by defining some string variables. Then I wrap some text in a header/footer pair so that the content (Stuff in here) is wrapped with a decorative box. The "boxtitle" and "boxwidth" are used to set the title and width of the box (along with a bit of IF logic to see if the title was specified or not).
    :
    : <%
    : boxtitle = "A message from blah blah blah"
    : boxwidth = 360
    : boxmore = ""
    : boxmoreshim = "0"
    : %>
    :
    :
    :
    : Stuff in here
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : Inside cev_box1_header.asp, I have this:
    :
    :
    : " cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0" border="0">
    :
    : : : :
    :
      <%= boxtitle %><% if len(trim(boxmore)) > 0 then %>image" height="1">  <%= boxmore %>   <% end if %>

:

:
    :
    : Could someone puhlease post the comparable code for JSP, along with a link or 2 that might show me some code examples for my learning purposes? I'll be SOOO appreciative.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Greg

Jsp Code for your Entire ASP Code

<%
    boxtitle = "A message from blah blah blah"
    boxwidth = 360
    boxmore = ""
    boxmoreshim = "0"
    %>

//Inside cev_box1_header.jsp, you should have:

:
    : " cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0" border="0">
    :
    : : : :
    :
      <%= boxtitle %><% if(boxmore.trim().length()>0){ %>image" height="1">  <%= boxmore %>   <% }%>

:

ok test it now..........
    Prashant Trivedi
    Software Enginner
    Automated Workflow Pvt Ltd. India
    +919886545688
    tprashant@aworkflow.com

• tprashanttprashant Member Posts: 5
    : : I have a web development project where I need to migrate some VERY SIMPLE ASP code to run on a JSP site. A couple hours of looking at documentation is simply not gettingme anywhere fast, and the project has a narrow deadline.
    : :
    : : Here is my ASP code. I start by defining some string variables. Then I wrap some text in a header/footer pair so that the content (Stuff in here) is wrapped with a decorative box. The "boxtitle" and "boxwidth" are used to set the title and width of the box (along with a bit of IF logic to see if the title was specified or not).
    : : <%
    : : boxtitle = "A message from blah blah blah"
    : : boxwidth = 360
    : : boxmore = ""
    : : boxmoreshim = "0"
    : : %>
    : : Stuff in here
    : : Inside cev_box1_header.asp, I have this:
    : : " cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0" border="0">
    : : : : : : : :

: : Could someone puhlease post the comparable code for JSP, along with a link or 2 that might show me some code examples for my learning purposes? I'll be SOOO appreciative.
    : : Thanks,
    : : Greg
    :
    : Jsp Code for your Entire ASP Code
    :
    : <%
    : String boxtitle = "A message from blah blah blah"
    : String boxwidth = 360
    : String boxmore = ""
    : String boxmoreshim = "0"
    : %>
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : //Inside cev_box1_header.jsp, you should have:
    :
    : : " cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0" border="0">
    : : : : : : : :
      <%= boxtitle %><% if(boxmore.trim().length()>0){ %>image" height="1">  <%= boxmore %>   <% }%>

:
    : ok test it now..........
    : Prashant Trivedi
    : Software Enginner
    : Automated Workflow Pvt Ltd. India
    : +919886545688
    : tprashant@aworkflow.com

Prashant Trivedi
    Software Enginner
    Automated Workflow Pvt Ltd. India
    +919886545688