Simple sound recording - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Simple sound recording

Hi all,

Im trying to write a small application that all it has to do is to start and stop recording from the sound card at my request. Looking for an appropriate tool for this task, I found only very low level stuff (the options so far are direct sound, portaudio, and window MME). Is there anything that satisfies my needs in higher level, i.e. provides only start/stop functions and a way to configure it to match my sound card? If there isnt, what could be the reason?

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : Im trying to write a small application that all it has to do is to start and stop recording from the sound card at my request. Looking for an appropriate tool for this task, I found only very low level stuff (the options so far are direct sound, portaudio, and window MME). Is there anything that satisfies my needs in higher level, i.e. provides only start/stop functions and a way to configure it to match my sound card? If there isnt, what could be the reason?
    :
    Have you looked up the MCI stuff? (See MSDN)

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• : : Im trying to write a small application that all it has to do is to start and stop recording from the sound card at my request. Looking for an appropriate tool for this task, I found only very low level stuff (the options so far are direct sound, portaudio, and window MME). Is there anything that satisfies my needs in higher level, i.e. provides only start/stop functions and a way to configure it to match my sound card? If there isnt, what could be the reason?
    : :
    : Have you looked up the MCI stuff? (See MSDN)
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    :
    I didn't realy understand the difference between this to MME
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : : : Im trying to write a small application that all it has to do is to start and stop recording from the sound card at my request. Looking for an appropriate tool for this task, I found only very low level stuff (the options so far are direct sound, portaudio, and window MME). Is there anything that satisfies my needs in higher level, i.e. provides only start/stop functions and a way to configure it to match my sound card? If there isnt, what could be the reason?
    : : :
    : : Have you looked up the MCI stuff? (See MSDN)
    : : Jonathan
    : : ###
    : : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    : I didn't realy understand the difference between this to MME
    :
    MCI lets you issue simple text-based commands to do the recording and saving, so you don't have to mess around with buffers, wave file format /headers and all that suff as you would with the waveIn API (I guess these are what you refer to by windows MME). Details here:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/multimed/htm/_win32_about_mci.asp

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");