Alarm Alerts - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Alarm Alerts

Hi,

I work for a small utility and one of my tasks is to monitor power distrubution. We have a program with all of our sites on it showing all kinds of info, like ...station A is using 1000 kw. I wanted to know if there is any type of standalone program or something I could create that would sound an alarm if say station A exceeds 1200 volts? Anu suggestions.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I work for a small utility and one of my tasks is to monitor power distrubution. We have a program with all of our sites on it showing all kinds of info, like ...station A is using 1000 kw. I wanted to know if there is any type of standalone program or something I could create that would sound an alarm if say station A exceeds 1200 volts? Anu suggestions.

It depends on how this information is stored. If the stations are updating their information via SQL UPDATEs or INSERTs then you could put a trigger on the appropriate table that sends an email to someone when conditions are met.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]