Tabstrip - Help please - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Tabstrip - Help please

I am designing a form in a program that has four tabs on it.

What I would like to do is have textboxes on it and labels, buttons etc.

Every time I put the textbox control on the tab strip, it goes to the form and not on the tab.

The text boxes will eventually be linked to a database for entering and storing information in to the database.

Am I just hoping or is there a way of putting the text box on the tabstrip. Also, if I have a button cmdbutton1 and I want to click it to open up one of the other tabsrtrips .. is this possible.

I am using VB 6.0 enterprse edition on Windows XP.

Thanks,
Lensmeister.

Comments

• kel1981bkel1981b Posts: 852Member
    : I am designing a form in a program that has four tabs on it.
    :
    : What I would like to do is have textboxes on it and labels, buttons etc.
    :
    : Every time I put the textbox control on the tab strip, it goes to the form and not on the tab.
    :
    : The text boxes will eventually be linked to a database for entering and storing information in to the database.
    :
    : Am I just hoping or is there a way of putting the text box on the tabstrip. Also, if I have a button cmdbutton1 and I want to click it to open up one of the other tabsrtrips .. is this possible.
    :
    : I am using VB 6.0 enterprse edition on Windows XP.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Lensmeister.
    :
    :
    As I know, Tabstrip control is not container. I usually use Microsoft Tabbed Dialog Control 6.0. Place this control on the form, select it. Then place Textbox on Tabbed Control.