Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

MDIChild Help!

dos anyone know or can help me on how I can stop my MDIChild from being minimized?
Slewis

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : dos anyone know or can help me on how I can stop my MDIChild from being minimized?
    : Slewis
    :
    Remove the minimize button from the title bar, using the BorderIcons property.
  • DevelopmentDevelopment Posts: 222Member
    : : dos anyone know or can help me on how I can stop my MDIChild from being minimized?
    : : Slewis
    : :
    : Remove the minimize button from the title bar, using the BorderIcons property.
    :
    I want to disable the button with out removing it
    Slewis

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : : : dos anyone know or can help me on how I can stop my MDIChild from being minimized?
    : : : Slewis
    : : :
    : : Remove the minimize button from the title bar, using the BorderIcons property.
    : :
    : I want to disable the button with out removing it
    : Slewis
    :
    :
    If you place the following code in the OnMessage of a TApplicationEvents object, then the minimize button won't work for the MDIChild "ChildForm".
    [code]
    if ChildForm <> nil then
    if (Msg.hwnd = ChildForm.Handle) and
    (Msg.message = WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN) and
    (Msg.wParam = 8)
    then begin
    Handled := true;
    end;
    [/code]
    If you need more children to be disabled, you should use a for-do loop to check if the message handle matches one of the child handles.