Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

OLE OBject - CreateEmbeded Object and save to database

Hi!

I have a record in a tblReord table with the following fields [Number, Name, File] in an access database. I want to capture the File field and store it as an Embeded Object into Access 2000 via the Ado Control (It doesn't need to be ADO Control if there is a second option - it can also be explored).

The Number and the Name fields, are not a problem but the File field. I trust that you will be more explicit in your solution. Thank you in advance.

Yours
Slender

Comments

• JomacJomac Member Posts: 231
    : Hi!
    :
    : I have a record in a tblReord table with the following fields [Number, Name, File] in an access database. I want to capture the File field and store it as an Embeded Object into Access 2000 via the Ado Control (It doesn't need to be ADO Control if there is a second option - it can also be explored).
    :
    : The Number and the Name fields, are not a problem but the File field. I trust that you will be more explicit in your solution. Thank you in advance.
    :
    : Yours
    : Slender
    :

Object Linking and Embeding is always problematic when a database is involved. Generally binary data is writen to files and a text record of the file path only is kept in the database.

To work with binary data you use GetChunk and AppendChunk methods.
    Here is a link to the MS example:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ado270/htm/mdmthappendchunkx.asp
    ______
    [size=2][b][blue]J[/blue]omac.[/b][/size]