downloading js files automatically on windows login - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

downloading js files automatically on windows login

yepuriyepuri Posts: 3Member
Hi,
I would like to automatically download javascript files from a specific web site on windows login.
We are having windows XP and IE 6.0.

Please let me know if there is simple way to do this.

Appreciate a quick response

Thx,
Lax

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi,
    : I would like to automatically download javascript files from a specific web site on windows login.
    : We are having windows XP and IE 6.0.
    :
    : Please let me know if there is simple way to do this.
    :
    : Appreciate a quick response
    :
    : Thx,
    : Lax
    :
    :
    I only know a simple way when starting IE, but not when starting windows. To load something when starting IE, you can write your own small HTML page, and make that your start page in IE. Inside this start page you can access all the scripts/images etc. you want loaded.
    You could also add a single IE link to the startup folder in the start menu, which will open IE when windows starts, but you will always have to close the window again. Perhaps there is a javascript command for that, but I'm not sure.
  • WeirdofreakWeirdofreak Posts: 439Member
    : Perhaps there is a javascript command for that, but I'm not sure.
    opener = true;
    close();
    I think that works.