FTP Client - FastNet Controls - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

FTP Client - FastNet Controls

ieriieri Posts: 22Member
Hello!
I want to send to image files to the ftp directory of a web server. In previous versions fo Delphi there were FastNet controls (NMFTP,NMHTTP,etc..) but in Delphi 7 there arent.
I dont want to make a server application. So, how can I send the pictures to the other side? Any suggestions?
Thanks!!!!

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hello!
    : I want to send to image files to the ftp directory of a web server. In previous versions fo Delphi there were FastNet controls (NMFTP,NMHTTP,etc..) but in Delphi 7 there arent.
    : I dont want to make a server application. So, how can I send the pictures to the other side? Any suggestions?
    : Thanks!!!!
    :
    You can use the TClientSocket to make an FTP-client. I don't know the settings for such a client, but that is documented somewhere on the net. You should also look into the TWinSocketStream object, which might be helpful in transferring the file.
  • ieriieri Posts: 22Member
    : You can use the TClientSocket to make an FTP-client. I don't know the settings for such a client, but that is documented somewhere on the net. You should also look into the TWinSocketStream object, which might be helpful in transferring the file.
    :
    When you use TclientSocket and TWinSocketStream, isn't TServerSocket needed?
  • zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : : You can use the TClientSocket to make an FTP-client. I don't know the settings for such a client, but that is documented somewhere on the net. You should also look into the TWinSocketStream object, which might be helpful in transferring the file.
    : :
    : When you use TclientSocket and TWinSocketStream, isn't TServerSocket needed?
    :
    The TServerSocket is only needed for a server, not for a client. In the Chat demo, the client also acts as a server for the opposite end.