Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Where can I dl the DirectX 8.1 SDK??

John VargasJohn Vargas Member Posts: 34
Hi all,

Trying to get started on DirectX, I want to know where can I download the SDK for DX8.1. It appears to be that Microsoft is not providing this SDK now, and instead they offer the DirectX 9 SDK. The problem is that I am planning to develop my DirectX application using Visual C++ 6 or Visual Basic 6, and as far as I know the DirectX 9 is for Visual Studio .NET. Would it be possible to use DirectX 9 with Visual Basic 6 and/or Visual C++ 6?? Where can I find the DirectX 8.1 SDK then?? Thanks a lot...John

Comments

• GodLikeGodLike Member Posts: 4
    : Hi all,
    :
    : Trying to get started on DirectX, I want to know where can I download the SDK for DX8.1. It appears to be that Microsoft is not providing this SDK now, and instead they offer the DirectX 9 SDK. The problem is that I am planning to develop my DirectX application using Visual C++ 6 or Visual Basic 6, and as far as I know the DirectX 9 is for Visual Studio .NET. Would it be possible to use DirectX 9 with Visual Basic 6 and/or Visual C++ 6?? Where can I find the DirectX 8.1 SDK then?? Thanks a lot...John
    :

I've used DirectX 9.0 with VC++ 6.0 and I didn't have any problems. I have no idea about VB 6.0, but I imagine it should work with DX 9 too. If you insist on having the 8.1 SDK though I think you could still find it at www.download.com.