Python 2.3.4 or ActiveStatePython 2.3.2 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Python 2.3.4 or ActiveStatePython 2.3.2

hthlake9hthlake9 Posts: 4Member
I'm a really new biginner to programming. I already got a firm grasp on HTML, DHTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I thought I would try Python. I chose Python becuase it's an interpreted program language like the languages I've already learned. So for a biginner to Python, and using Windows XP Home Edition, I was wondering which blend of Python I should use. Can anyone give me any details to the difference between ActiveStatePython v.2.3.2 and the original Python on python.org v.2.3.4, and is there any difference if i either choose either Python verson?
Thank you.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : I'm a really new biginner to programming. I already got a firm grasp on HTML, DHTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I thought I would try Python. I chose Python becuase it's an interpreted program language like the languages I've already learned. So for a biginner to Python, and using Windows XP Home Edition, I was wondering which blend of Python I should use. Can anyone give me any details to the difference between ActiveStatePython v.2.3.2 and the original Python on python.org v.2.3.4, and is there any difference if i either choose either Python verson?

As far as I know the only real difference is that the ActiveState distribution comes with the win32 extensions where the python.org "standard" distribution does not. You can download the win32 extensions yourself anyways so that's not a problem. I've never used the ActiveState distribution so I can't say if there are any other differences.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]