Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

image rollover and fading

hi,

I'm fairly new to web design, but am designing a web site with one image showing on the front page. I'd like to have the image fade out and replaced with another....perhaps recycling through 3-6 images.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to do this or can point me in the right direction? The site is very basic right now, and I've used only HTML, and just now adding some javascript routines, css, etc.

Thanks a bunch,
Sandra

Comments

• treshrtreshr Posts: 326Member
    You have a few options here. First you can try to use Flash and fade and fade out the images there. If you want i dynamicly you could use php in combination with a database.
    The second one is with a javascript in combination dhtml. Use this url to find it: http://www.pwidgets.com/phpbits.php

Hope this helps you a bit.

--=][tReShR][=--

• ringbearerringbearer Posts: 2Member
    Thanks very much tReShr...for your help and pointing me to pwidgets.

I was able to get a simple swap of two images going continuously, but I'd like to be able to do an onClick with a go to URL function on either one...no mouseover or mouseoff. I'm not going with the fading effect for now.

May I call on your good graces once again for some guidance? Thank you.

Good day,
    Sandra