Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

need a script for updating a website

hi to all
i built an new website and i need an online or offline script to update the products for example
i give the link, item name, specs, and price the script adds the items and creates a new page for every 5 items
the script should also delete the old items
this is what i need and i don't have any clue how to start
if anyone has something like this plz send it to me and if anyone knows what i need please PM me and we'll talk on the messenger
i'll be grateful for fast help
thanx

Comments

• PharasitePharasite Member Posts: 1
    hi! don't quite understand what you are trying to do, but it sounds to me like you'd like to create an automatic administrator for your site!

now although this sounds interesting, there are various areas that you will you need to take a look at for this to work. what i would have done was to create a seperate "site" from the original and use this as the administrative section for updating, deleting and adding of products.

if you can give a bit more detail about what you actually want to do, we might find a solution.

• Just3ala2Just3ala2 Member Posts: 4
    hi man
    ok...this is what i've got
    i've finished the html website
    in this website there r some products in each page
    i don't know much about scripting but i klnow that i can create a page on the website that only the adminstrator can access so that he can update the products
    delete the old ones, prices, images, and specs and put the new pnes instead
    i can save my website as asp so that it can enable the script with no problems
    i tried to search for a freeware script but all were full carts and i don't need the cart in my website
    what i need is a page like this

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Update) section

Link: //the page i want to update
    Name: // the product name "in bold"
    specs: // the speciffications of the products
    price: // the price of the product
    and i want ths script to create a new page for every five products

(Delete) section
    //the same proccess but for deleting
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope that u got what i want and if u can PM me so that we can talk on the messenger this would be better
    thanx

JUST3AlA2

• aaronjones3593aaronjones3593 Member Posts: 122
    : hi man
    : ok...this is what i've got
    : i've finished the html website
    : in this website there r some products in each page
    : i don't know much about scripting but i klnow that i can create a page on the website that only the adminstrator can access so that he can update the products
    : delete the old ones, prices, images, and specs and put the new pnes instead
    : i can save my website as asp so that it can enable the script with no problems
    : i tried to search for a freeware script but all were full carts and i don't need the cart in my website
    : what i need is a page like this
    :
    : -------------------------------------------------------------------
    : (Update) section
    :
    : Link: //the page i want to update
    : Name: // the product name "in bold"
    : specs: // the speciffications of the products
    : price: // the price of the product
    : and i want ths script to create a new page for every five products
    :
    : (Delete) section
    : //the same proccess but for deleting
    : ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    :
    : i hope that u got what i want and if u can PM me so that we can talk on the messenger this would be better
    : thanx
    :
    : JUST3AlA2
    :
    :
    :
    store your products in a database and use the product page to get all the products from the database. create an administrator to add and and remove fields and then save changes.