3d engine - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

3d engine

Hi,
i am looking for some help to make a 3d engine to be used in a finite element method software package.
Essencialy, i need to draw points and lines, and to be able to rotate my axis in space. I also need to have information about mouse coordinates, to be able to draw, select, delete, etc. with mouse.
In two dimensions it's very easy but in 3D it's more complicated. i also need to get some help about graphical acceleration.

Thanks.

Comments

• SaMoSaMo Posts: 36Member
    : Hi,
    : i am looking for some help to make a 3d engine to be used in a finite element method software package.
    : Essencialy, i need to draw points and lines, and to be able to rotate my axis in space. I also need to have information about mouse coordinates, to be able to draw, select, delete, etc. with mouse.
    : In two dimensions it's very easy but in 3D it's more complicated. i also need to get some help about graphical acceleration.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    :
    I am sorry to say this but I am afraid this is hardly possible if you don't know how to use DirectX in your application, which is quite a broad field of knowledge. Theoretically, you could try creating your own engine without DirectX, but this is extremely complicated stuff. I tried it once and it even worked for simple objects like lines or cubes. However, after some time I discovered that if you draw objects more complex than cubes (circles for instance), you'll have problems with screen fill rate, which I was unable to get around.