Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

3d engine

Hi,
i am looking for some help to make a 3d engine to be used in a finite element method software package.
Essencialy, i need to draw points and lines, and to be able to rotate my axis in space. I also need to have information about mouse coordinates, to be able to draw, select, delete, etc. with mouse.
In two dimensions it's very easy but in 3D it's more complicated. i also need to get some help about graphical acceleration.

Thanks.

Comments

• SaMoSaMo Posts: 36Member
    : Hi,
    : i am looking for some help to make a 3d engine to be used in a finite element method software package.
    : Essencialy, i need to draw points and lines, and to be able to rotate my axis in space. I also need to have information about mouse coordinates, to be able to draw, select, delete, etc. with mouse.
    : In two dimensions it's very easy but in 3D it's more complicated. i also need to get some help about graphical acceleration.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    :
    I am sorry to say this but I am afraid this is hardly possible if you don't know how to use DirectX in your application, which is quite a broad field of knowledge. Theoretically, you could try creating your own engine without DirectX, but this is extremely complicated stuff. I tried it once and it even worked for simple objects like lines or cubes. However, after some time I discovered that if you draw objects more complex than cubes (circles for instance), you'll have problems with screen fill rate, which I was unable to get around.