Need help... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need help...

lucky_melucky_me Posts: 39Member
Hi
I want any simple project so that i can practice all the queries and pl/sql statements for Oracle database.can anyone help me.

I searched the google but didn't get any practice problem so that i can practice .Please help me.Every suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanksin advance

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Hi
    : I want any simple project so that i can practice all the queries and pl/sql statements for Oracle database.can anyone help me.
    :
    : I searched the google but didn't get any practice problem so that i can practice .Please help me.Every suggestion will be appreciated.

The only way to run pl/sql is inside an Oracle database. You can, I believe, download Oracle's database for free for personal development use. It's a huge download, however.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• lucky_melucky_me Posts: 39Member
    I have already installed the Oracle database and successfully running it.My problem is i need some practice problem (pl/sql question or project or asignment)so that i can solve it.I wanna check myself that i have sufficient knowledge of pl/sql or not.

Thanks for your response, if you have any asignment regarding it then plz give me.Thanks in advance :-)

: The only way to run pl/sql is inside an Oracle database. You can, I believe, download Oracle's database for free for personal development use. It's a huge download, however.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :

: I have already installed the Oracle database and successfully running it.My problem is i need some practice problem (pl/sql question or project or asignment)so that i can solve it.I wanna check myself that i have sufficient knowledge of pl/sql or not.
    :
    : Thanks for your response, if you have any asignment regarding it then plz give me.Thanks in advance :-)

I can only recommend the PL/SQL book from O'Reilly, written by Steven Feuerstein.

There's also http://oracle.oreilly.net which has some good articles on it.

Honestly, PL/SQL is a very good language and you can do a lot with it. I don't know how you'll be able to "check yourself" to see if you have "sufficient knowledge" of it (sufficient for what? compared to what?). I know there's a book on open source tools for Oracle. Maybe you can find a project on sourceforge or somewhere that uses Oracle and offer to help.

[code]
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• lucky_melucky_me Posts: 39Member
    Yep Pl/sql is a very good tool, I have learned it.Now i wanna search a job, before going to search for an entry level job in the software industry, i just wanted to see myself, as able to do everything in this respect.(i have just passed out my grads)

In my opinion....Whatever we read in book and whatever we do in real life is quite different.You think more and more to solve a real life problem,there is no limitation for making a logic better.Because we can get new challegences everyday.If i get some assignment then it'd be like a trial for me.
    Now i guess you'd understand what my perspective was...?
    I think i spoke too much.:-D

I searched the link you have given, but i am not able to explore this site.It's just asking to make an ID (with payment).

Hey Thanks buddy for all you help.You are very nice.:-)

: I can only recommend the PL/SQL book from O'Reilly, written by Steven Feuerstein.
    :
    : There's also http://oracle.oreilly.net which has some good articles on it.
    :
    : Honestly, PL/SQL is a very good language and you can do a lot with it. I don't know how you'll be able to "check yourself" to see if you have "sufficient knowledge" of it (sufficient for what? compared to what?). I know there's a book on open source tools for Oracle. Maybe you can find a project on sourceforge or somewhere that uses Oracle and offer to help.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :

Best I can do then is to recommend you find an itch and scratch it. Do you cook or read? You could create a database of recipes or books. You could catalog all of your music or movies. You could design a source code revision repository like CVS or Subversion. You could create a system that tracks and reports on your financial accounts. You could make a geneological database that stores your family's history. Find something you like to do normally and see if you can create a tool to help.

[code]
    no rows returned
    [/code]