Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Question on ".lnk" (Internet shortcuts)

pseudocoderpseudocoder Posts: 673Member ✭✭
I recall a few years ago of having a .lnk file (I *believe* it was) on my desktop that opened my web browser, and redirected to a tech site. I've tried searching for .lnk, but found countless references to local disk shortcuts, and that's not what I am after, nor do I mean html documents with anchor tags.

Does anyone know how these Internet shortcuts are made? If so, could you post the procedure (Windows targets). This is for a Visual Basic project, but my question is more Internet related than VB related I believe.

TIA

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : I recall a few years ago of having a .lnk file (I *believe* it was) on my desktop that opened my web browser, and redirected to a tech site. I've tried searching for .lnk, but found countless references to local disk shortcuts, and that's not what I am after, nor do I mean html documents with anchor tags.
    :
    : Does anyone know how these Internet shortcuts are made? If so, could you post the procedure (Windows targets). This is for a Visual Basic project, but my question is more Internet related than VB related I believe.
    :
    Right-click on your desktop, go to the New submenu and choose shortcuts. In the location, instead of clicking Browse, type a web address. Go to the next step, give the shortcut a sensible name, then finish the wizard and you have a .lnk file that points at that web address.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• pseudocoderpseudocoder Posts: 673Member ✭✭
    : Right-click on your desktop, go to the New submenu and choose shortcuts. In the location, instead of clicking Browse, type a web address. Go to the next step, give the shortcut a sensible name, then finish the wizard and you have a .lnk file that points at that web address.
    :
    : Hope this helps,
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :

[blue]Jonathan, you never cease to amaze me! No wonder I couldn't find what I was looking for with .lnk... it's .url

Thank you so much.[/blue]