Package installation - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Package installation

abdoblabdobl Posts: 21Member
Hi....
I want to know if there is one way to install packages (any paCKAGE) TO MY PC.
any help will be appresiated.
ABDOBL.

Comments

• johnsonmejohnsonme Posts: 57Member
    Your query is not clear. Put the boot cd and reboot.. you will be directed to installation.
    Normally all the packages comes with automatic installation procedure.
    You will have to provide a free ext3 formatted (if it is a linux package) drive and a swap space which is double the amount of primary memory (RAM) you use for better performance.

• abdoblabdobl Posts: 21Member
    : Your query is not clear. Put the boot cd and reboot.. you will be directed to installation.
    : Normally all the packages comes with automatic installation procedure.
    : You will have to provide a free ext3 formatted (if it is a linux package) drive and a swap space which is double the amount of primary memory (RAM) you use for better performance.
    :
    :
    : I know that ,but what I mean is to install packages that are not available on the boot cd.
    abdobl

• DL8DL8 Posts: 3Member
    : : Your query is not clear. Put the boot cd and reboot.. you will be directed to installation.
    : : Normally all the packages comes with automatic installation procedure.
    : : You will have to provide a free ext3 formatted (if it is a linux package) drive and a swap space which is double the amount of primary memory (RAM) you use for better performance.
    : :
    : : I know that ,but what I mean is to install packages that are not available on the boot cd.
    : abdobl
    :
    :
    What is your distro?
  • abdoblabdobl Posts: 21Member
    : : : Your query is not clear. Put the boot cd and reboot.. you will be directed to installation.
    : : : Normally all the packages comes with automatic installation procedure.
    : : : You will have to provide a free ext3 formatted (if it is a linux package) drive and a swap space which is double the amount of primary memory (RAM) you use for better performance.
    : : :
    : : :
    : : : I know that ,but what I mean is to install packages that are not available on the boot cd.
    : : abdobl
    : What is your distro?
    :
    what do you mean?