Is it possible to Demodulate a Recorded Modem Stream via Software? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Is it possible to Demodulate a Recorded Modem Stream via Software?

fshrkingfshrking Posts: 1Member
I have a strange request. I have some .Wav/.Aiff files of a 9600baud modem audio output (what's heard through the speaker). Is it possible to demodulate these into serial data internally (via Software) without running them back through a modem?

Do you know of any libraries or code that anyone has shared that is headed in this direction?

Thanks for any advice!

fshrking

Comments

• ninchagoraninchagora Posts: 82Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by ninchagora at 2004-8-22 23:25:24[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by ninchagora at 2004-8-22 1:25:41[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have a strange request. I have some .Wav/.Aiff files of a 9600baud modem audio output (what's heard through the speaker). Is it possible to demodulate these into serial data internally (via Software) without running them back through a modem?
    :
    : Do you know of any libraries or code that anyone has shared that is headed in this direction?
    :
    : Thanks for any advice!
    :
    : fshrking
    :

Do you know which modulation is used?
    (I think it is CCITT V.32 standard)

I know now, it is 16-QAM.

It would be possible to write a decoding routine, either by detecting specific amplitude/phase of the carrier, or by emulating the 16-QAM demodulator.

Are you still interested in this?