getting details about php programming - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

getting details about php programming

skthapaskthapa Posts: 1Member
i am a programmer and programming in vb 6.0 and oracle but i am absolutely unknown about php programming. i am keen to know about it plz. anyone tell what is php programming is all about and what new i can get in it as compare to vb6.0

Comments

• NeakNeak Posts: 87Member
    : i am a programmer and programming in vb 6.0 and oracle but i am absolutely unknown about php programming. i am keen to know about it plz. anyone tell what is php programming is all about and what new i can get in it as compare to vb6.0
    :

Well... If you're trying to find something that can do similar things to visual basic, don't look here. PHP is nothing like VB.
    Code-wise, it's more like C. But in terms of what it can do...

PHP is used to execute actions server-side (on the server computer, not the client) before the client views a website. It can do simple things like email using a website form, login scripts, and etc... It can also do very complex things like a site management code and database information storage.

Visual Basic is pretty, well, basic even compared to PHP. I don't know if PHP is even what you'd want to get into, seeing as it only does things before the page loads, nothing dynamic.