Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

vb, access and outlook

Hi all

This is my first time being on this site and I have already learnt a lot of new things, so thanks for that.

Am currently working vb project with access 2000 and possibly extend to using outlook for the email and calendar facilities as part of my Dissertation.

My first question is, is there a way of accessing outlook through vb and used the calendar and mail facilities. My second question is how do I create a login system with different permissions i.e. one for admin and one for general users.
I have tried this but if someone's username is john and someone else password is john they will access johns area.

Thanking you all in advance yas

Comments

• slickDevslickDev Member Posts: 9
    : Hi all
    :
    : This is my first time being on this site and I have already learnt a lot of new things, so thanks for that.
    :
    : Am currently working vb project with access 2000 and possibly extend to using outlook for the email and calendar facilities as part of my Dissertation.
    :
    : My first question is, is there a way of accessing outlook through vb and used the calendar and mail facilities. My second question is how do I create a login system with different permissions i.e. one for admin and one for general users.
    : I have tried this but if someone's username is john and someone else password is john they will access johns area.
    :
    : Thanking you all in advance yas
    :
    :
    :
    Hi
    1.You access Outlook by opening the references dialog box from VB and add a reference to 'Microsoft outlook 9 object library'.
    2.If you want tell as how did you try to access to user because i do not undrestand where you are wrong.
    I hope I help with the Outlook.