Table 54B - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Table 54B

Hi,

Please help.

I have a Table 54B in which is stored in an excel file. It looks like this:
1 2 3 4 5
1 A B C D E
2 F G H I J
3 K L M N O
4 P Q R S T
5 U V W X Y
What is the best way in which I could output A if they entered 1,1 and output H if they entered 3,2?
I am using an MS Access Database... Should I store it in a table or best in excel file? How can i retrieve it?
Help is much appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Red

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Posts: 617Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : Please help.
    :
    : I have a Table 54B in which is stored in an excel file. It looks like this:
    : 1 2 3 4 5
    : 1 A B C D E
    : 2 F G H I J
    : 3 K L M N O
    : 4 P Q R S T
    : 5 U V W X Y
    : What is the best way in which I could output A if they entered 1,1 and output H if they entered 3,2?
    : I am using an MS Access Database... Should I store it in a table or best in excel file? How can i retrieve it?
    : Help is much appreciated.
    :
    : Thank you so much,
    : Red
    :
    well if you reference it in a ms access db - you will have to use completly different methods to find the data, you will only have one reference number - as your top 1 - 5 won't exist, if you use ado it can be easy by using a data grid control to display your output.

Now if you decide to use the excel sheet you will need to add a reference in your project to the excel object - then create an instance of it and that will allow you to manipulate the spread sheet - I'm not sure about outputing other then single values - Maybe an OLE Object?

Hope this helps.
    [blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]

• RedferrineRedferrine Posts: 31Member
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : Please help.
    : : I have a Table 54B in which is stored in an excel file. It looks like this:
    : : 1 2 3 4 5
    : : 1 A B C D E
    : : 2 F G H I J
    : : 3 K L M N O
    : : 4 P Q R S T
    : : 5 U V W X Y
    : : What is the best way in which I could output A if they entered 1,1 and output H if they entered 3,2?
    : : I am using an MS Access Database... Should I store it in a table or best in excel file? How can i retrieve it?
    : : Help is much appreciated.
    : : Thank you so much,
    : : Red
    : well if you reference it in a ms access db - you will have to use completly different methods to find the data, you will only have one reference number - as your top 1 - 5 won't exist, if you use ado it can be easy by using a data grid control to display your output.
    :
    : Now if you decide to use the excel sheet you will need to add a reference in your project to the excel object - then create an instance of it and that will allow you to manipulate the spread sheet - I'm not sure about outputing other then single values - Maybe an OLE Object?
    :
    : Hope this helps.
    : [blue]
    : C:Dos
    : C:Dos Run
    : Run Dos Run
    : [/blue]
    :
    :
    Thanks Gideon Omega. I retained the excel sheet. i pass the values in cell A1 and B1 and then get its answer in cell C1 (I used its Hlookup and Vlookup function to get the result). The cell C1 is retrieved and stored in my Database together with the values A1 and B1.
    - thanks again!