How to retireve more than 15000 records in a single query using Mysql - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to retireve more than 15000 records in a single query using Mysql

sparkmindsparkmind Posts: 4Member
Hello friends

I m working in PHP with my backend as Mysql. I face a peculiar problem while retrieving records from the database, when the dump is more. Whts tht is..when i try to retrieve more than 15000 records @ a time....the link is going to err page but the same piece of code works for less than 1000 records. i need help regarding the same and how to improve the performance..

Thanks to u in advance

Comments

• skylarskylar Posts: 82Member
    : Hello friends
    :
    : I m working in PHP with my backend as Mysql. I face a peculiar problem while retrieving records from the database, when the dump is more. Whts tht is..when i try to retrieve more than 15000 records @ a time....the link is going to err page but the same piece of code works for less than 1000 records. i need help regarding the same and how to improve the performance..
    :
    : Thanks to u in advance
    :

why not just do it in pieces?

Can we see the actual query? (or a likeness of it)
    [b][blue]Snoochie Boochies[/blue][/b]

• sparkmindsparkmind Posts: 4Member
    this is one of the option so v can not do it in pieces

select TestCaseId,master_caserefs.master as TestName,users.name as TestEngineer,testcase_testengineer.status as Status,testcase_testengineer.pass,testcase_testengineer.relid,ActualDuration,testcase_testengineer.testenddate as TestEndDate,sub_area_name,TestAssgnId,naviscorestatus,ResultComments,niemsstatus,pass.PassName ,master_caserefs.test_desc as TestCaseDescription from testcase_testengineer,atsLogin.users,master_caserefs,master_arearefs,pass where testcase_testengineer.TestEngineer=atsLogin.users.user_id and testcase_testengineer.pass in(177) and testcase_testengineer.relid="9" and testcase_testengineer.TestCaseId=master_caserefs.id and master_caserefs.area_id=master_arearefs.sub_area_id and area_id in and testcase_testengineer.status REGEXP "^.*" and testcase_testengineer.pass=pass.PassId order by master_caserefs.master
  • sparkmindsparkmind Posts: 4Member
    Hi ,
    Do u think i need to modify php.ini config file?
    If So then which environmetal variable i need to modify do u have any idea about these?
    Thank u
  • skylarskylar Posts: 82Member
    Yes im sure there is a configurable variable in the ini file that allows you to retreive more rows.. it shouldn't be hard to find..

But keep in mind, there is only so much ram the server has, and retreiving THAT many rows could be bad :P
    [b][blue]Snoochie Boochies[/blue][/b]

• dededede Posts: 145Member
    maybe the records exceeded the RAM size in your php.ini file,, check it and increase it and don't forget the actual size of your RAM, it'll yiel with error.....

dede:-)