Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

please help me on graphics card fundamental,core technical paper on di

hi i wana khow about RASTER GRAPHIS..HOW DISPLAY WORK ON MONITER..PLS GIVE ME SOME LINK OF TECHNICAL PAPER
jaynata

Comments

• johnsonmejohnsonme Posts: 57Member
    You didn't specified whether you are refering to LCD/TFT/CRT monitor. In case of CRT monitor, I think that the below discussion is useful.
    In CRT, the image is produced by scanning the entire screen using the electron beam, produced using the hot cathode. The direction of this beam can be controlled using magnetic fields, strong enough to deflect it to the desired direction.
    This is done by the vertical/horizontal deflection coils which you can find on the yoke of your monitor or simply, your TV. The horizontal and vertical ossilators produce the signals needed for deflection that is feeded to the deflection coils.
    If you want to attract the beam, you have to produce a possitive field, and vice versa. Thus by using appropriate signals on both the horizontal and vertical deflection coils, you can position the beam to the desired point on the screen.
    The screen contains a type of phospher coated in the inner side. So when an electron beam falls on it, it will produce the light equivalent on the other side.
    Search google for more information..
  • linux4jayantalinux4jayanta Posts: 6Member

tanks a lot for your reply..Yes wanted about CRT...from basic to detail...pls give me more technical doc. on that....

thanking you

jayanta

: You didn't specified whether you are refering to LCD/TFT/CRT monitor. In case of CRT monitor, I think that the below discussion is useful.
    : In CRT, the image is produced by scanning the entire screen using the electron beam, produced using the hot cathode. The direction of this beam can be controlled using magnetic fields, strong enough to deflect it to the desired direction.
    : This is done by the vertical/horizontal deflection coils which you can find on the yoke of your monitor or simply, your TV. The horizontal and vertical ossilators produce the signals needed for deflection that is feeded to the deflection coils.
    : If you want to attract the beam, you have to produce a possitive field, and vice versa. Thus by using appropriate signals on both the horizontal and vertical deflection coils, you can position the beam to the desired point on the screen.
    : The screen contains a type of phospher coated in the inner side. So when an electron beam falls on it, it will produce the light equivalent on the other side.
    : Search google for more information..
    :