Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

A text box and a date.

anglicoanglico Member Posts: 8
[b][red]This message was edited by anglico at 2004-8-7 18:0:3[/red][/b][hr]
I have a table MainEntry_2 with a form called MAINENTRY that's basically just a gui for the table.
I want to enter an order into the form, leaving TB_Result_Received(A text box) empty. Then when I get the results, call up the order again and double click the TB_Result_Received box and have the current date automatically entered,then click again to clear the date, however, have the ability to type in a different date, just in case it's not today.
The text box's (TB_Results_Received) control source is RESULT_RECEIVED (The field in the table)
I have tried a on Dbl Click =Date(),- Didnt work,this really surprised me.
I have tried a macro,(Below) - didn't work
Condition:Not IsNull([Forms]![MAINENTRY]![TB_Results_Received])
Action: Set Value

Item:[Forms]![MAINENTRY]![TB_ResultsRec]
Expression: =Date()

Why wont this work? I realize this is a newbie question, but any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• netwiznetwiz Member Posts: 4
    : [b][red]This message was edited by anglico at 2004-8-7 18:0:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have a table MainEntry_2 with a form called MAINENTRY that's basically just a gui for the table.
    : I want to enter an order into the form, leaving TB_Result_Received(A text box) empty. Then when I get the results, call up the order again and double click the TB_Result_Received box and have the current date automatically entered,then click again to clear the date, however, have the ability to type in a different date, just in case it's not today.
    : The text box's (TB_Results_Received) control source is RESULT_RECEIVED (The field in the table)
    : I have tried a on Dbl Click =Date(),- Didnt work,this really surprised me.
    : I have tried a macro,(Below) - didn't work
    : Condition:Not IsNull([Forms]![MAINENTRY]![TB_Results_Received])
    : Action: Set Value
    :
    : Item:[Forms]![MAINENTRY]![TB_ResultsRec]
    : Expression: =Date()
    :
    : Why wont this work? I realize this is a newbie question, but any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    :
    :
    :
    well you're on the right track, Do this...

on the DoubleClick event for your textbox should look something like this...
    ======================================================================
    Private Sub txtDate_DblClick()

txtDate = Now()

End Sub

to clear the textbox...

Private Sub txtDate_Click()

txtDate = ""

End Sub

keep it simlpe
    regards,

NetWiz
    Salient Technologies