Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Restricting Voting for user

the_Rthe_R Posts: 2Member
Hi, I am creating a voting system using php and was wondering if anyone could come up with an idea as to how i could restrict a user from voting multiple times.

So far, all i could think of was to record their ip address and only allow one vote per day from that ip, however if the user votes through an internet cafe etc then it will not allow different users to vote.

Any ideas? I do not want to create accounts for each individual user either.

Comments

• netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    : Hi, I am creating a voting system using php and was wondering if anyone could come up with an idea as to how i could restrict a user from voting multiple times.
    :
    : So far, all i could think of was to record their ip address and only allow one vote per day from that ip, however if the user votes through an internet cafe etc then it will not allow different users to vote.
    :
    : Any ideas? I do not want to create accounts for each individual user either.
    :
    then restrict it by setting a cookie. it can be cleared though, but i doubt anyone will bother to abuse this method
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]