Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

select from one of two tables

SupergibbsSupergibbs Member Posts: 50
I have two tables, Faculty and UserPass. I need to have a login script validate a username and password from one of the tables (never both). Basically every faculty member has a user/pass in Faculty. Then some other people (staff, admin, etc) have their user/pass in UserPass. Is there a query that will search both or do I need to check one and then the other (if no results). I can't join because the user/pass exist in one or the other table, not both. Both tables have their own extra info so I'd rather not make one user/pass table, though it is an option.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Supergibbs

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    : I have two tables, Faculty and UserPass. I need to have a login script validate a username and password from one of the tables (never both). Basically every faculty member has a user/pass in Faculty. Then some other people (staff, admin, etc) have their user/pass in UserPass. Is there a query that will search both or do I need to check one and then the other (if no results). I can't join because the user/pass exist in one or the other table, not both. Both tables have their own extra info so I'd rather not make one user/pass table, though it is an option.
    :
    Just do a query from each table in your login script, then act based upon what you find.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");