Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to get the Version Number?

lee_slee_s Posts: 116Member
Hi
I know how to get the Version number from my application but i don't know how to get it from some UserControls that i created and using in my application.
when i try the "Application.ProductVersion" in the UserControl it return me the Parent application version.

How can i get the UserControl Version?

Thanks

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    As far as I know, you can not get a separate version number for just one file in a project unless maybe if the item was compiled in a separate dll or exe.

: Hi
    : I know how to get the Version number from my application but i don't know how to get it from some UserControls that i created and using in my application.
    : when i try the "Application.ProductVersion" in the UserControl it return me the Parent application version.
    :
    : How can i get the UserControl Version?
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    :

• IgradoIgrado Posts: 2Member
    I have found a way to set the [COLOR="Green"]My.Application.Info.Version[/COLOR] successfully in VB.NET using Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Expres.

Navigate to your Projects Properties. (I do this by going to View > [projectname] Properties...) Then make sure you have the "Application" tab selected. Click on the button "Assembly Information". In here you can set the "Assembly version:" fields and they can then be referenced in your application by calling [COLOR="Green"]My.Application.Info.Version[/COLOR]. This number will not auto-increment, you will have to change it manually.

The numbers seen in [projectname] Properties > Publish tab > Publish Version are always ingored ignored.
  • IgradoIgrado Posts: 2Member
    deleted - accidental double post