How to get the Version Number? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to get the Version Number?

lee_slee_s Posts: 116Member
Hi
I know how to get the Version number from my application but i don't know how to get it from some UserControls that i created and using in my application.
when i try the "Application.ProductVersion" in the UserControl it return me the Parent application version.

How can i get the UserControl Version?

Thanks

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    As far as I know, you can not get a separate version number for just one file in a project unless maybe if the item was compiled in a separate dll or exe.

: Hi
    : I know how to get the Version number from my application but i don't know how to get it from some UserControls that i created and using in my application.
    : when i try the "Application.ProductVersion" in the UserControl it return me the Parent application version.
    :
    : How can i get the UserControl Version?
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    :

• IgradoIgrado Posts: 2Member
    I have found a way to set the [COLOR="Green"]My.Application.Info.Version[/COLOR] successfully in VB.NET using Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Expres.

Navigate to your Projects Properties. (I do this by going to View > [projectname] Properties...) Then make sure you have the "Application" tab selected. Click on the button "Assembly Information". In here you can set the "Assembly version:" fields and they can then be referenced in your application by calling [COLOR="Green"]My.Application.Info.Version[/COLOR]. This number will not auto-increment, you will have to change it manually.

The numbers seen in [projectname] Properties > Publish tab > Publish Version are always ingored ignored.
  • IgradoIgrado Posts: 2Member
    deleted - accidental double post