Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

a new BASIC programmer

darth mulletdarth mullet Member Posts: 1
[b][red]This message was edited by darth mullet at 2004-8-1 14:35:54[/red][/b][hr]
[b][red]This message was edited by darth mullet at 2004-8-1 14:34:6[/red][/b][hr]
ok i just started programing with darkBASIC and have just made my first FPS,it is acualy quite good ! :-) ,anyway i just wondered if any of you could recomend another good BASIC program download thingy because im only using a free trial,also can somone PLEASE tell me were i can find some PHP script just to shut my friend up,he's been bugging me ALL week .And i just noticed PHP has NOTHING to do with BASIC but i realy need some so soz 'bout that but he is realy anoying infact forget the PHP thing

[red]i wonder if i can drive round those mines?[/red]

Comments

• luckyklluckykl Member Posts: 28
    : ok i just started programing with darkBASIC and have just made my first FPS,it is acualy quite good ! :-) ,anyway i just wondered if any of you could recomend another good BASIC program download thingy because im only using a free trial,also can somone PLEASE tell me were i can find some PHP script just to shut my friend up,he's been bugging me ALL week .And i just noticed PHP has NOTHING to do with BASIC but i realy need some so soz 'bout that but he is realy anoying infact forget the PHP thing
    :
    : [red]i wonder if i can drive round those mines?[/red]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

BASIC is used to give newcomers an idea of the concepts of programming
    like using variables , statements and so on. There are countless versions of BASIC (including the one you found darkBASIC).

regarding the BASIC-PHP thing you said, BASIC is an interpreted programming languange , meaning, the interpreter compiles each line and execute it . PHP are scripts used to create web applications.

For php scripts try www.hotscripts.com .

• jasbalesjasbales Member Posts: 1
    : [b][red]This message was edited by darth mullet at 2004-8-1 14:35:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by darth mullet at 2004-8-1 14:34:6[/red][/b][hr]
    : ok i just started programing with darkBASIC and have just made my first FPS,it is acualy quite good ! :-) ,anyway i just wondered if any of you could recomend another good BASIC program download thingy because im only using a free trial,also can somone PLEASE tell me were i can find some PHP script just to shut my friend up,he's been bugging me ALL week .And i just noticed PHP has NOTHING to do with BASIC but i realy need some so soz 'bout that but he is realy anoying infact forget the PHP thing
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Hello,

I'm new here and this is my first post so I'll do a little introduction.
    Back in the '80s I learned BASIC. Apple basic and QBasic. I made some text mode games with sound effects and music and everything. In 2000-2001 I learned some VB6. Now I've decided to learn to program again. I went and found QBasic and along with that I found countless other flavors of BASIC. Many of these BASICs barely resemble BASIC at all. Like XBasic (a fancy pre-processor for ASM) and VB.NET.

I really liked DarkBASIC too, but I don't want to spend money while I'm still in the learning phase. Hey, while we're on the subject of DarkBASIC, head on over to http://www.wizardportal.com/optimaiv/
    and check out the source code to a tile-based game. The free version of DarkBASIC can't handle all of the code, but it's good to look at and learn from. He also has some VB code on the site.

Anyway, I gather you're looking to make games. I suggest Basic4GL. It's FREE. You can learn programming concepts AND you can learn about Open GL. http://www.basic4gl.net/

As for PHP, I don't touch the stuff.

-j
  • aaaaaa Member Posts: 5
    >: ok i just started programing with darkBASIC and have just made my
    >first FPS,it is acualy quite good ! :-)

Congratulation!

>anyway i just wondered if any
    >of you could recomend another good BASIC program download thingy
    >because im only using a free trial

The best of the 3D basics is still Blitz3D

http://www.blitzbasic.com

Andy
  • vegaseatvegaseat Member Posts: 18
    : [b][red]This message was edited by darth mullet at 2004-8-1 14:35:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by darth mullet at 2004-8-1 14:34:6[/red][/b][hr]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• vegaseatvegaseat Member Posts: 18
    :
    :

Sorry about the empty reply ....

I am hooked on BCX, a free basic to C translator. Don't worry, you don't have to get involved with C, even so it will be good for you!

Write your basic code on the included editor and compile and run it from the editor or even fancier, from the included visual IDE. This program has excellent help files and a good selection of examples. You can look at the C code it produces. You can make win-gui of console programs.

The whole package can be downloaded, including the free PellesC compiler, from:

http://www.rjpcomputing.com/programming/bcx/

You don't need the additional Context editor or the win api help files to start out.

• willwinukwillwinuk Member Posts: 1
    : [b][red]This message was edited by darth mullet at 2004-8-1
    : 14:35:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by darth mullet at 2004-8-1
    : 14:34:6[/red][/b][hr]
    : ok i just started programing with darkBASIC and have just made my
    : first FPS,it is acualy quite good ! :-) ,anyway i just wondered if
    : any of you could recomend another good BASIC program download thingy
    : because im only using a free trial,also can somone PLEASE tell me
    : were i can find some PHP script just to shut my friend up,he's been
    : bugging me ALL week .And i just noticed PHP has NOTHING to do with
    : BASIC but i realy need some so soz 'bout that but he is realy
    : anoying infact forget the PHP thing
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

How about FreeBasic http://www.freebasic.net/ as the name says its free.