Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Bulk Insert from C#?

goldenorb82goldenorb82 Member Posts: 1
Hello,

I am a newbie creating an API written in C# that connects to the Oracle Database and eventually will need to insert about 5-6 thousand records (the data for which is currently stored in an array ) at a time. Can someone tell me which of the following would be the best tool to do this efficiently and effectively?
I've been doign a lot reading on the net about this, but so far haven't been able to answer my question.
1. Bulk Bind
2. Insert into Select *... (i know this doesn't make sense in my situation.)
3. Batch Insert
4. Insert Dataset

I really don't know much about any of these options, but if someone points me in the right direction it would help me a lot.

thank you

Comments

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : I am a newbie creating an API written in C# that connects to the Oracle Database and eventually will need to insert about 5-6 thousand records (the data for which is currently stored in an array ) at a time. Can someone tell me which of the following would be the best tool to do this efficiently and effectively?
    : I've been doign a lot reading on the net about this, but so far haven't been able to answer my question.
    : 1. Bulk Bind
    : 2. Insert into Select *... (i know this doesn't make sense in my situation.)
    : 3. Batch Insert
    : 4. Insert Dataset
    :
    : I really don't know much about any of these options, but if someone points me in the right direction it would help me a lot.

If you're doing C#, it might be best to use a DataSet and the OracleClient namespace to do your insert. I haven't done it myself, but I believe that you can add records to a DataSet and then another class (OracleDataAdapter?) can take that data and automatically create the SQL statements and then update the database.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]