Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I want to make an Excel-Like interface for my windows application

tye4444tye4444 Posts: 3Member
Hi there all
I want to make an interface with a table in it, each chell represents numerical data. I want to make it look like excel work sheets but I can't find the suitable component(ListView doesn't provide the needed and the TextBox 2D matrix is not effiecent
Can anyone help
Thanks in advance

Comments

• ITAITA Posts: 463Member
    No idea if this'll work, just a blind suggestion! The code'll work (ie it's possible - I did it myself) but I'm not sure if it'll work in your solution.

You could use a DataGrid to display XML information from a file. The XML could be written in such a way that the DataGrid could be told that it is numerical data from the file.

Hope this helps.

ITA
  • bradsnobarbradsnobar Posts: 9Member
    Inherit from the listview component and roll your own component. Otherwise, just create an app that calls on Excell interop if Excell is installed.